Blue Coat CEVA Primary School pupils are asked to wear their school uniform with pride. Our uniform shows that we are united as a school family, despite our respectful differences.
We have high expectations of our pupils and this extends to their school uniform and appearance whilst in school. As part of the school’s drive for ‘future readiness’ of our pupils, we believe that adhesion to these high standards will best prepare our children for their next stage in education at secondary school and beyond.
Blue Coat PTA currently supply our branded school uniform and bookbags. They can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
A school uniform order form can be downloaded here School Uniform Order Form
School ties may be purchased from the school office £3.50
Standards of School Uniform at Blue Coat
|Do Not Wear…
|All Year Round Attire
|Royal blue v-neck jumper (knitted or sweatshirt with emblazoned school logo is optional)
|Other shades of blue; roundneck versions
of jumper or cardigan; other emblazoned branded sweatshirts; no embellishments
|White or sky blue collared shirt or blouse (long or short-sleeved) that is suitable for a tie
|Other colours; polo shirts (summer term only); other
emblazoned branded shirts
|Dark grey or black (formal school) shorts or trousers; or skirts (knee length at shortest); grey skort; grey pinafore dress
|Cargo; corduroy; jeans; tracksuit bottoms; fashion fit trousers i.e. skinny, bootcut; no logos.
|Grey or black or white plain socks
|Other colours; odd socks; patterned/emblazoned; frilled/decorative socks
|Black formal school shoes
|No sports shoes/skate shoes; no boots of any variety; heelies; open toes
|School tie (elasticated for KS1 and proper tie for KS2)
|Any other variation
|Summer Attire (Sum 1 and Sum 2 terms only)
|Optional polo shirt (long or short sleeved) which is white or sky blue – no tie. Tie still for shirts only (unless use is otherwise decided by teachers due to weather)
|Other colours; polo shirts; other emblazoned branded shirts
|Sandals with enclosed toes
|Sun hat for outdoor use
|Royal blue and white gingham checked school summer dress (knee length with sleeves), Royal Blue Gingham Checked playsuit
|Other colours; other emblazoned branded dress/playsuit
|Ear studs – 1 in each ear lobe
1 charity band
Length – no shorter than grade 2
Extreme hair styles
No nail varnish or false nails
The school’s commitment to high quality play results in year round access to areas such as the school field, mud kitchen, play beach etc. We therefore ask that pupils wear appropriate and practical outerwear. In most cases, this would equate to relatively inexpensive, warm (during winter months), waterproof, easily washable, hooded coats that are resilient in material and construction to endure the elements and day-to-day nature of creative play. Leather and denim outerwear are not permitted.
We require that our pupils arrive at school ready for PE activities. They need an appropriately labelled PE kit consisting of the following:
For hall sports & summer athletics:
- white plain tee
- black/blue shorts
- socks (outdoors)
For outdoor games in cold weather:
- Plain white t-shirt
- Plain navy or black tracksuit (or sweater and jogging bottoms)
For swimming lessons, swimwear as advised by the School.
General Notes on Standards of Pupil Appearance:
- Shirts should be tucked in at all times (except play times). Short cut blouses need not be tucked in due to length.
- Dark-coloured, plain, subtle hair bands may only be worn but with no embellishments i.e. bows, fascinators
- Hair Extensions, fabric weaving or dying of hair is not permitted
- Extreme haircuts i.e. mohawks/mohicans, tramlines, sculpting or similar is not permitted. Hair should be no shorter than ‘grade 2’
- Only round stud earrings are acceptable and through the ears only. If pupils have their pierced ears, ONE pair of discreet studs may be worn. NYCC policy states that earrings must be removed for PE lessons for health and safety reasons. If your child is unable to remove the earrings themselves they should not come to school with them in on PE days.
- Bracelets and all other jewellery, except watches, are not permitted.
- Make-up, nail varnish, henna, temporary tattoos or similar is not permitted
- Wellies, hats, and sunglasses for outdoor play/use should not be worn inside the school building
- During inclement weather, boots may be worn by pupils on the journey to school. However, these should be promptly removed when entering the school building.
Where there is a genuine reason(s) for a pupil to contravene the school’s standards of appearance i.e. cultural reasons, then this should be discussed with the headteacher in advance of the decision to send the child to school.