If I Were A Shape

Here's an interesting poem called 'If I Were A Shape' written by a guy called Brian Moses:

If I were a shape
I’d be a rectangle,
I’d be a snooker table with Steve Davies potting the black,
I’d be a football pitch where Fulham would always be winning,
I’d be a chocolate bar that you could never finish,
If I were a rectangle.

If I were a circle,
I’d be a hoop rolling down a mountainside,
I’d be a wheel on a fast Ferrari,
I’d be a porthole in Captain Nemo’s submarine,
If I were a circle.

If I were a cone,
I’d be a black hat on a wicked witch’s head,
I’d be a warning to motorists, one of thousands,
I’d be a tooth in a T Rex’s jaw,
If I were a cone.

Here's a challenge for you - have a go at writing your own verse modelled on and inspired by this poem! Go on, give it a go...

PS - 2TPs for the person who spots the small change I made to the above poem!

Comment 1 Comment by William St on 30 Jan 12 at 11:03am | Quote this comment
If I were a shape
I’d be a triangle,
I’d be an arrow head and get a bull’s-eye every time,
I’d be the top of a mountain and stand proud over everyone,
I’d be the front of an aeroplane and glide throe the thin air,
If I were a triangle.
Comment 2 Comment by Ben F on 30 Jan 12 at 11:04am | Quote this comment
If I were a shape
I’d be a circle,
I’d be a frisbee so that I could soar high in the air,
Comment 3 Comment by Ellie S on 30 Jan 12 at 11:05am | Quote this comment
If I were a sphere,
I would bounce to and fro as a ping pong ball,
I would be a bowling ball rolling down the little path,
I would be a football in a goal,
If I were a sphere.
Comment 4 Comment by Jolie F on 30 Jan 12 at 11:06am | Quote this comment
If I were a square,
I’d be a computer with the best brains in the world,
I’d be a window with a great view,
I’d be a box with precious things in it,
If I were a square.
Comment 5 Comment by Ralph H on 30 Jan 12 at 11:07am | Quote this comment
If I were a shape
I’d be a circle,
I’d be a frisbee so I could fly through the sky,
I’d be a football on the TV,so i could make the team i like always win
I'd be a hoop so i could roll round the playground
if i were a shape
Comment 6 Comment by Mr Herring on 30 Jan 12 at 12:06pm | Quote this comment
William and Ellie - well done on writing your own creative and imaginative verses - 2TPs each!
Comment 7 Comment by Hannah D on 30 Jan 12 at 1:09pm | Quote this comment
If I were a shape,
I would be a square,
Id be a computer to help people learn,
Id be a table to let people eat,
Id be a window for people to look through,
Id be a paper for people to draw on,
If I were a square.
Comment 8 Comment by Iris A on 30 Jan 12 at 1:22pm | Quote this comment
If I were a shape,
I would be a triangle
I’d be a traffic cone on a road,
I’d be a party hat on a head,
I’d be a roof on a house,
I’d be a capital A.
Comment 9 Comment by Lucy T on 30 Jan 12 at 6:54pm | Quote this comment
Is the change you made : I’d be a football pitch where Fulham would always be winning?
Comment 10 Comment by Mr Herring on 30 Jan 12 at 7:36pm | Quote this comment
Correct Lucy - well spotted - 2TPs!
Comment 11 Comment by Joseph M on 31 Jan 12 at 8:09pm | Quote this comment