Adventurer - Felix Baumgartner

Class Caribbean,

A true adventure took place at the weekend can you write a non-chronological report to tell me all about it?

Remember to include the following things:

1. A title.

2. A brief description.

3. Subheadings.

E.g.

Who is Felix Baumgartner?

What record did he break?

4. Technical vocabulary

e.g. Felix Baumgartner made his dive from a balloon above New Mexico, breaking the sound barrier.

5. Summary or wow piece of information.

e.g. Did you know.....

Good Luck!

Miss Loxley

Comment 1 Comment by Charlie S on 16 Oct 12 at 3:30pm | Quote this comment
The Jump was outstanding in one part he was spinning and he could of died but luckily he stopped himself.
Comment 2 Comment by Jamie B on 16 Oct 12 at 5:13pm | Quote this comment
Miss Loxley. Are we allowed to copy and paste for this homework? My mum said that I have to type it all out myself.
Comment 3 Comment by Harriet R on 17 Oct 12 at 6:09pm | Quote this comment
:oops: Felix Baumgartner

Felix Baumgartner was born on the 20th April 1969. He is an Austrian skydiver he beat 3 world records on the 14thof October 2012. He flew in a helium balloon to the stratosphere and jumped off.

The records
He broke 3 world records at once fastest free fall speed, highest parachute jump and highest man in a balloon.

The jump
When he started to jump he went all wobbly then he got his self straight into the position he planned to be in. He landed firmly on the ground with two feet perfectly on the ground.

The best part was when Felix Baumgartner was just about to jump when He had the feelings of excitement inside him.

hope you like it . :oops: :roll: :-)
Comment 4 Comment by Mrs Loxley on 18 Oct 12 at 4:35pm | Quote this comment
Well done Hattie a great report, I particularly like the way you have used technical vocabulary! I wonder if you could have used one of the connectives that we have been using this week somewhere in your report?

Miss loxley :lol:
Comment 5 Comment by Mrs Loxley on 18 Oct 12 at 4:39pm | Quote this comment
Jamie B,

I would like you to show off how good you are at writing. I would prefer it if you did not copy and paste, in addition I wonder if you could you use some of the connectives and technical voabulary that we have been using this week?

Miss Loxley :-)
Comment 6 Comment by Brendan K on 18 Oct 12 at 7:08pm | Quote this comment
He jumped from 39,045 miles eventhough the previous record was only 31,332 miles above sea level.
Fearless Felix broke the sound barrier at about half distance only by 1.24mph (you walk about 6mph)
or Mach 1.24. Felix Baumgartner jumped higher that mount Everest (8,000 miles) and a Boeing 747 (14,000 miles) and landed on the ground 9 minutes and 3 seconds after he jumped off the balloon.