Introductions to non-chronological reports

"Introduction

A mystery is something that is strange and hard to understand. This book is about some mysteries. They are shown on this map of the world. Do you know what some of these mysteries might be?"

This is the introduction from a book called Mysteries. Add a comment to our blog about what you think about this introduction or write one of your own.

Comment 1 Comment by Julia M on 12 Oct 12 at 4:51pm | Quote this comment
I think that a tribe could have defeated a army and have stolen some gold , jewles and all the other exspensive stuff.And also there might have been one country arguing whith another country. :-)
Comment 2 Comment by Sian Da on 13 Oct 12 at 12:30pm | Quote this comment
I think its about musical instruments being played from around the world. I don't know what the red squares are or the red star but there's 28 squares all on different countries and the star is in the sea.
Comment 3 Comment by Holly A on 14 Oct 12 at 9:12am | Quote this comment
It is a good introduction because it has a question in it and it makes me want to read the book.
Comment 4 Comment by Luis W on 14 Oct 12 at 9:25am | Quote this comment
I think it is a good intro, because it has a question and two other sentences. BUT it could do with a bit more writing. :-x
Comment 5 Comment by Amelia on 14 Oct 12 at 11:00am | Quote this comment
I liked the introduction because it was expressed in an exciting way. It gave me clues about the book. It told me the book is about mysteries around the world. The question in the introduction made me think about what the mysteries might be. Having a picture of the world and where the mysteries might be made me feel excited.
Comment 6 Comment by Alice on 14 Oct 12 at 2:17pm | Quote this comment
Endangered animals
This book is all about endangered animals and why they are endangered. Do you know why animals are endangered? Well this book will tell you why animals are endangered. You will find out about amur leopards, snow leopards, pandas, and a load of others. You will find out how to help them. Read to find out!
Comment 7 Comment by Mr Clements on 14 Oct 12 at 2:47pm | Quote this comment
...
Quoting Morgan B:
Some mysteries are real and some are made up. I think that the one's which are old mysteries are called legends.
Comment 8 Comment by Mr Clements on 14 Oct 12 at 2:48pm | Quote this comment
Quoting Luis W:

What would you add to it Luis to make it a better introduction?
Comment 9 Comment by Mr Clements on 14 Oct 12 at 2:50pm | Quote this comment
Quoting Alice:
Endangered animals

I love this introduction Alice and want to read more of your book eagerly! :-)
Comment 10 Comment by Mary on 14 Oct 12 at 5:11pm | Quote this comment
That introduction is very good because it has lots of interesting words and facts.
Comment 11 Comment by chloe on 15 Oct 12 at 4:54pm | Quote this comment
This book is about mysteries . The book will tell you about some mysteries and how to solve them.It will also tell you some information about some mysteries all over the world.
Comment 12 Comment by Lizzie.W on 15 Oct 12 at 6:26pm | Quote this comment
Mysteries are also called legends in a way because they are old stories about strange things that have happened and are well known. Mysteries are also made up to make stories exciting but they can be real and caused by crimes.This book will tell you about mysteries around the world and assist you in solving them.Why do you think these mysteries pop up? :-*
Comment 13 Comment by Maddy on 15 Oct 12 at 6:36pm | Quote this comment
When I read the introduction it made me want to read more of the book.I want to read the book
because I want to find out what the mysteries are!I thought the map was great because it made me wonder what strange things happened in the places marked with a red square.But I am wondering most of all what happened in the sea where the red star is! I really need this book to find out more and answer my questions! :-*
Comment 14 Comment by Fin S on 15 Oct 12 at 7:15pm | Quote this comment
I think it maybe about looking for gold and diamonds. The marks are not in Russia China and India perhaps because they were not easy to get to in a boat with sails.
Comment 15 Comment by Joel L on 16 Oct 12 at 3:17pm | Quote this comment
I think it is a good book because it's exiting and I just want to read more about the book. :-)
Comment 16 Comment by Jensen M on 16 Oct 12 at 5:46pm | Quote this comment
Pollution

In this book you will find out about things that pollute the planet such as cars, boat chimneys and aeroplanes. Also about how to stop these disgraceful disasters. Prepare for the world to be changed!
Comment 17 Comment by Mr Clements on 16 Oct 12 at 6:00pm | Quote this comment
...
Quoting Harry m:
The introduction could be improved by including bits of what some of the mysteries were about.eg:The red dots could be where the mysteries took place or not ! Or the red dots could be where people are raising money and then the money disappearing. The star might be where they started from.
Comment 18 Comment by Mr Clements on 16 Oct 12 at 6:02pm | Quote this comment
...
Quoting Callum m:
....

I liked the intro but it could be longer. eg All the red dots could be places where people have disappeared when they were exploring the country.
Comment 19 Comment by alex on 16 Oct 12 at 6:44pm | Quote this comment
Species of animals
This book tells you about different species of animals and how many there are.Read on more to find out how they live in hot and cold places.
Comment 20 Comment by Sam K on 17 Oct 12 at 6:19pm | Quote this comment
I think it is good because it tells you what the book is about and it makes you want to read on to find out about the mysteries.
Comment 21 Comment by Mr Clements on 06 Nov 12 at 12:02am | Quote this comment
Some mysteries are real and some are made up. I think that the one's which are old mysteries are called legend's.Quoting Morgan B: