Learning log blog number 6

Christmas has crept into our consciousness this week, as we have begun to practise songs and dances for our Christmas production in a couple of weeks time. We will begin rehearsals in the church this coming Thursday and Friday mornings so if any parents are available and willing to walk there with us, I would appreciate it, if you let me know!

In addition to preparing for Christmas, we have been focussing on descriptive work in literacy, particularly developing the use of adjectives in settings. Having extended our vocabulary to describe colours, we also experimented with colours in art, creating different shades and tones. In maths sets, the focus has been particularly on calculating areas and perimeters, whilst in French lessons we have recently covered names of animals and practised colours and numbers.

As usual, for your homework, I would like you to add a comment below to tell me about what you have learned and how you have been a great learner! (READY, RESOURCEFUL, RESPONSIBLE, RESILIENT or REFLECTIVE?)

Comment 1 Comment by Joanna Y on 03 Dec 12 at 8:18am | Quote this comment
I have learned some new songs this week . I have been a RESILIENT learner because I carried on. :lol:
Comment 2 Comment by Susie M on 03 Dec 12 at 4:00pm | Quote this comment
In Art this week I have learnt how to make a different shade of colour. I have been RESILIENT because when I started I kept on making the same shade of colour but I kept on trying and at the end I managed to make different shades of colour.
Comment 3 Comment by Martha P on 03 Dec 12 at 4:07pm | Quote this comment
This week I have learnt about tones and shades in art and area and perimeter in maths and I have been RESPONSIBLE when haddling the paints in art. :lol:
Comment 4 Comment by Jake P on 03 Dec 12 at 5:53pm | Quote this comment
I have learnt that the name for a cat in french is chat. I have been REFLECTIVE because I checked this again on the Internet before I wrote this comment.
Comment 5 Comment by Connie W on 03 Dec 12 at 6:01pm | Quote this comment
I have learnt two new songs called Boogie Woogie Santa and Christmas Dinner Is A Winner. I am READY because I remembered the words when we didn't have the words on the board. :-)
Comment 6 Comment by Katie T on 03 Dec 12 at 6:28pm | Quote this comment
I learnt my lines and my dance moves in are Christmas play
I was RESILIENT because I kept going till I knew them.