Nrich your (maths) life!

Over the Easter holidays I asked my maths class to explore the web site www.nrich.maths.org to find games or activities that they found fun or useful to practise their maths skills. Activities and games such as 'Fifteen', 'Fold a Rectangle' and 'Endless Noughts and Crosse's have been amongst the first to be recommended.

Want to find out who recommended them and why? Do you want to know some other games and activities that might be worth trying on the nrich site? Then read the comments from my maths class that accompany this post! (They should all be there by the end of the week and will all be different!)

Comment 1 Comment by Jamie S on 16 Apr 12 at 1:25pm | Quote this comment
I like femto because it is a card game for two players and you play with number cards! 8)
Comment 2 Comment by Alex B on 16 Apr 12 at 1:31pm | Quote this comment
I like cops and robbers because you have to figure out the co-ordinates and it helps you with your maths!
Comment 3 Comment by Ellis B on 16 Apr 12 at 1:32pm | Quote this comment
I like square it because it's about strategy,squares and co-ordinates! It's a two player game and you have to try and make the four corners of a square on a grid of dots and try to stop the other player from making the square.
Comment 4 Comment by Rowen M on 16 Apr 12 at 2:56pm | Quote this comment
I like estermating angles because it helps you learn about angles. :-)
Comment 5 Comment by Charlie R on 16 Apr 12 at 3:06pm | Quote this comment
I like Tug of War because it helps you add and subtract. It's a game for 2 players and you've got to get the marker to your side of the number line. This is a very fun game to play and I really like it.
Comment 6 Comment by Eliza B on 16 Apr 12 at 3:25pm | Quote this comment
I liked seven squares because it is challenging. ;-)
Comment 7 Comment by Jensen M on 16 Apr 12 at 4:03pm | Quote this comment
I like Triangles In Circles because it helps you with your angles,estimations and it is fun 8)
Comment 8 Comment by Rufus W on 16 Apr 12 at 4:36pm | Quote this comment
I like noughts and cosses because it a very fun game to play ;-)
Comment 9 Comment by Joel L on 16 Apr 12 at 5:37pm | Quote this comment
I like fifteen because it helps you with your addition and it's fun.
Comment 10 Comment by Felix S on 16 Apr 12 at 6:00pm | Quote this comment
I recomend 100 percent because you can do it in your own time . 8)
Comment 11 Comment by Natasha W on 16 Apr 12 at 6:16pm | Quote this comment
I like shifting times tables because its good for education and its a fun game to play and I think it would be good to share with the class. :D
Comment 12 Comment by Ellie K on 16 Apr 12 at 6:17pm | Quote this comment
I recommend two numbers under the microscope because it helps you with your addition sums. :-*
Comment 13 Comment by Brendan K on 16 Apr 12 at 6:44pm | Quote this comment
My favourite one Alex B stole Coppers and Robbers was a brilliant game but,
Promblem solving is good because its simple easy to get to and all you need is a piece of paper and a pen! 8)
Comment 14 Comment by James B on 16 Apr 12 at 6:49pm | Quote this comment
I like dicey operations because it helps with practicing addition. :-)
Comment 15 Comment by Jennifer W on 16 Apr 12 at 7:03pm | Quote this comment
I liked Roll Those Dice because it helps you with your addition and subtraction :-)
Comment 16 Comment by Jessica R on 16 Apr 12 at 7:25pm | Quote this comment
I like square subtraction because it is easy to under stand and play and helps your maths in all ways. :lol:
Comment 17 Comment by Alex S on 17 Apr 12 at 6:41am | Quote this comment
my favourite game is.... :eek:

population dynamics part 5!

This game is good because it is fun and makes you lern more
Comment 18 Comment by Barny W on 17 Apr 12 at 3:34pm | Quote this comment
i like Jam because it helps you not to miss out things out.
Comment 19 Comment by Lucy D on 17 Apr 12 at 3:49pm | Quote this comment
I recommend First Connect Three because it helps you with your addition and subtraction and its fun because you mix up numbers to see what you can make. ;-)
Comment 20 Comment by George T on 17 Apr 12 at 4:24pm | Quote this comment
Cops And Robbers

i like this game because you have to think on yore every move 8) ;-) :-)
Comment 21 Comment by Joseph M on 17 Apr 12 at 5:02pm | Quote this comment
i choose Can you locate the giraffe because it heps you on you graghe :lol: :lol:
Comment 22 Comment by Oliver M on 17 Apr 12 at 6:24pm | Quote this comment
I would recommend Endless Noughts and Crosses because this is a good game for developing problem solving skills, as you think about what strategies to use. 8)
Comment 23 Comment by Geoffrey H on 17 Apr 12 at 6:29pm | Quote this comment
I like Number Plumber because you have to try to make number combinations and estimate the anwers from your sum. :lol:
Comment 24 Comment by Abigail H on 18 Apr 12 at 4:36pm | Quote this comment
I like troublesome dice because it's a simple addition game, all you need is a dice. 8)
Comment 25 Comment by Abigail H on 18 Apr 12 at 4:36pm | Quote this comment
I like troublesome dice because it's a simple addition game, all you a dice. 8)
Comment 26 Comment by Jake P on 18 Apr 12 at 5:22pm | Quote this comment
I like magic letters because you have to work out what pairs of numbers add up to and are the same as other pairs of numbers.
Comment 27 Comment by Edward L on 19 Apr 12 at 6:34am | Quote this comment
My favourite game was white box because it was a good way of learning & you had to think ahead 8)
Comment 28 Comment by Peggy Sue P on 19 Apr 12 at 3:34pm | Quote this comment
I recommend Dice and Spinner Numbers because it helps you with your addition :roll:
Comment 29 Comment by Susanna Y on 19 Apr 12 at 5:06pm | Quote this comment
I recommend Counters because it helps you to sort out numbers and it's fun to play. :D
Comment 30 Comment by Colby K on 20 Apr 12 at 11:26am | Quote this comment
I recommend 2 Numbers Under A microscope because it helps you with your addition